The Tourism Consultants Forum (TCF) held their 2nd Biennial General Meeting on Wednesday 1st July 2020 via a Zoom Meeting. The theme centred on “Harnessing Potentials of Tourism for Nigeria’s Post Covid-19 recovery”
The welcome address was given by the Chairman Board of Trustees, TCF, Alhaji Aminu Agoha.
Lolo Ngozi Ngoka, TCF Founder then gave a brief introduction of what Touristry Consultants Forum (TCF) is about. She explained that TCF aims to open new opportunities for its members, offer avenues for professional growth and sharing of knowledge, and provide access to tourism consultancy services and benefits.
The following Tourism Dignitaries were in attendance: Mr. Folorunsho Coker, Director General (NTDC), Pharm. (Mrs.) Uzamat Akinbile Yusuf, Hon. Commissioner for Tourism, Lagos State, Chief Samuel Alabi (FTAN BOT Chairman), Alhaji Rabo Saleh (FTAN President), Otunba Ayo Olumoko, Alhaji Badaki Aliyu, Mr. Nkeruem Onung (Chairman, Board of Trustees of NATOP), Ambassador Ikechi Uko (Akwaaba) and Chief Abiodun Odunsanwo (President of ITP), Chief Chioke Ezeude (HOFA President), among others.
Mr. Folorunsho Coker, Director General (NTDC) gave a presentation where he encouraged Nigerian tourism professionals to work together as one big voice to advocate for the development of the industry.
Lagos Chamber of Commerce International Arbitration Centre was in attendance and gave a presentation on ‘LACIAC Covid-19 Alternative Dispute Resolution Initiative’. It was presented by Mrs Abimbola Akeredolu (SAN), Board Member, LACIAC and Funmi Iyayi, Managing Director, LACIAC.
Several topics centred on the theme “Prioritizing Tourism for Nigeria’s Post COVID 19 Economic Recovery” were discussed by a rich panellist of tourism practitioners from Nigeria and the Diaspora.
The following topics were discussed:
- Attracting the diaspora -Marketing your destination to Black American and British travellers by Jide Ehimikawho is a technology, innovation, and travel entrepreneur based in Washington DC.
- The role of the lodging and restaurant sector in Nigeria ‘s post-pandemic economic recovery by Amaka Amatokwu-Ndekwuwho is a US-based award-winning hospitality professional
- Leveraging on existing natural resources to grow tourism in South-East Nigeria by Chinasokwu Nworuwho is a licensed Occupational Therapist and a tourism and travel enthusiast.
- Domestic Tourism and Internal Consumption – Nigeria’s golden opportunity by Olumayowa Babatunde who is the Senior Manager Business Development Africa Region for Bristow Helicopters
- Digitalization of Nigeria’s Domestic Tourism for Economic Recovery by Toju Francisco Da-Silva who is the Executive Director of Cullinan Designs, Publisher of Travelocity International Magazine and Founder/Secretary General – Youth Travel Organization of Nigeria (YUTON)
- Exploring the Tourism potential for National Parks and Game Reserve in Nigeria by UgoAliogowho is a Journalist and guest analyst on Arise News International’s Global Business Report (GBR).
The following key points were highly recommended by the speakers:
- Creating authentic Nigeria Experiences for inbound travellers
- The emphases on standardization of accommodation and tourism ancillary services
- The importance of using technology to create leverage for Nigeria’s domestic tourism.
To wrap up the meeting, a goodwill message was presented by FTAN President, Alhaji Rebo Saleh. Then Mrs Amokiese Godwin, the Permanent Secretary, Bayelsa State Ministry of Tourism and Member, Board of Trustee, TCF, gave the vote of thanks.
After the Public session, members of TCF stayed back to hold their plenary session, where election into the various positions of the Working Committee was conducted.
Alhaji Aminu Agoha who coordinated the election had previously been appointed Chairman by members of the TCF Board of Trustees.
The following were elected and inducted as the new TCF Working Committee members:
- Lolo Ngozi Ngoka as TCF Director
- Enomfon Essien as National Secretary
- Atei Inengite as Financial Secretary
- Nnenna Fakoya-Smith as Publicity Secretary
Both the Public and Plenary Sessions of the Biennial General meeting were moderated by Ms Amaka Amatokwu-Ndekwu, President, Women in Hospitality Nigeria and Founder, The Pyne Awards.
The conference was facilitated by Lolo Ngozi Ngoka, the Founder of Tourism Consultants Forum (TCF) and moderated by Nnenna Fakoya-Smith, Tourism Promoter & Founder, Nene-Uwa Hub Ltd.
The Tourism Consultants Forum (TCF) was founded in August 2017 to promote professionalism in Tourism Consultancy. It aims to open new opportunities for its members, offer avenues for professional growth and sharing of knowledge, and provide access to tourism consultancy services and benefits.
TCF Website: https://touristryconsultantsforum.org/