The Africa Association of Hospitality Professionals has recognized that the future success of the hospitality and tourism industry in Africa depends on a strong talent pipeline of young people within the industry who will continue the legacy of responsible tourism that is being established in many countries in Africa.
With this in mind the AAHP has launched its single Major Project “Upskill Africa”, a Hospitality & Tourism project focusing on Upskilling, Capacity Development and Right Job Placement through structured Industrial attachments in partnership with our Network of Members, Education Partners, Corporate Partners, Affiliates and Sponsors.
“Hospitality and Tourism skills are highly sought after and lacking and the AAHP recognizes that the Industry is nothing without a Skilled People.”, said Mr Wilbert Frank, The CEO and Vice Chairman of the AAHP.
After extensive research, we found the industry to be lacking the following key skills :
1. Locally trained Hotel and Restaurant General Managers with the right Academic training and working experience.
2. Skilled and experienced Beverage Artisans(Bartenders, Baristas and Wine Sommeliers) to give the right Beverage experience equipped with knowledge and skill to manage the Beverage industry processes profitably .
3. Skilled and experienced Chef De Parties’ to grow into seasoned Sous and Executive Chefs to successfully manage the Food industry processes profitably.
4. Locally groomed Tour Guides in knowledge of the local terrain, culture & environment and academic knowledge with relevant experience.
5. Hospitality & Tourism Focused Digital Marketers with knowledge of Google Marketing, SEO Optimization, OTA Optimization & Management, Social Media Marketing and Online Brand Reputation Management.
Hospitality and Tourism recruiters and Operators find it difficult to find refined candidates to keep up with the rate of openings and growth of the industry.
Africa Project Upskill Vision 2025
The Upskilling will focus on the related Position processes, methods, and values through guided academic programs, and curated training that accurately reflect the needs of the industry.
“Best-in-class quality: A new and efficient way to prepare and provide unskilled youths & professionals with stable key Hospitality and Tourism jobs that leverage their innate strengths in an environment where they have previously been shortchanged.”
Scalability: An Africa-grown scalable and replicable model for social impact in the region centered on developing people at a systemic level.
Systemic impact: An Africa where young people can aspire to achieve their potential and in so doing enhance the development of the African continent.
Upskill Africa Social Impact
We will “up-skill” thousands of youth to fill stable Hospitality and tourism Skill based jobs that transform their incomes thereby driving scalable, replicable and sustainable impact and converting Africa’s youth from demographic liabilities to “demographic dividends”:
Scale: By 2025, Project Upskill Africa aims to train a minimum of 5,000 youth, in marketable Hospitality and Tourism skills to reach their true potential and support them in stable Hospitality and Tourism Industry jobs.
Income Transformation: On average, Africa Upskill Alumni will experience an income transformation of 3-4 times their baseline income (from $2/day to $6-8/day or more) through placements in frontline hospitality and tourism skill based jobs.
Economic Development: Ultimately, our simple skill based training and job placement model has the potential to restore dignity and enhance livelihoods for thousands of African youth, thereby restoring the social fabric of the African Continent.
- Upskill Africa Core Focus
- Hospitality & Tourism Artisan, Management Education
- Online Courses & Certifications
- Live Courses & Certifications
- Corporate Training
- Guided Training & Curated Events
- Recruitment & Placement of Hospitality and Tourism Artisans and Management
- Partners & Clients
- Beverage Companies
- Hotels, Restaurants, Cafes
- Hospitality and Tourism training institutions
- Tour Companies
- Conservation Organizations
The Africa Association of Hospitality Professionals through the Upskill Africa project will announce the Education partners, detailed Training programs , and Candidates Selection criteria on the 1st of July 2020 and will be open for applications from 7th July 2020. Screening and Placement will take place till November 2020 in all AAHP represented Zones IN Africa and programs will commence January 2021 for the first set of 1000 successful candidates across the African Continent.
For more information on Partnership, contact email@example.com
Source : AAHP Global Media Center – firstname.lastname@example.org