Today we face real uncertainty in our daily lives with the outbreak of coronavirus Covid-19 around the region and globally. We know that now more than ever, you need to be able to rely on us to safely deliver food, groceries and safety essentials to your doorstep. I’m writing to you to make you aware of the steps we have asked Jumia Food team members, and our partners, to take so that we ensure the safety of customers, of delivery riders and of restaurant teams.
Changes to our processes to minimize the risk of virus transmission
We have acted fast in recent days to make sure that in all parts of the delivery process, from restaurants to delivery riders to customer drop-off, we keep the highest standards of hygiene and minimize physical contact with people and surfaces:
- We have trained our teams, restaurant staff and delivery riders, on the virus and are actively practicing preventative measures:
- Staying home if sick
- Not shaking hands
- Regularly washing hands with soap and water or using alcohol-based sanitizers
- We are checking the temperature of customer-facing staff regularly.
- We have worked with restaurant partners to ensure that WHO-recommended hygiene measures are in force on-site.
- We are offering a no-contact option to avoid people and packages making unnecessary contact with other people or surfaces:
- Restaurant staff will now place products directly into the delivery bag, and we ask you as customers to take the products out.
- If you have specific preferences around contact, use the comments box when you place an order to express it, such as “please leave my order on the doorstep”.
- We recommend you to prepay online to further eliminate unnecessary surface contact.
Availability of essential products
As well as food from restaurants, you can continue to use Jumia Food to order your groceries, essential safety/household products and personal care from supermarkets and local shops. Through partnerships with supermarkets and manufacturers, we’re working hard to make available products such as hand sanitisers and face masks, which you will be able to purchase at-cost in the coming days.
We’re here for you
During this period, if you prefer not to go out to shop, you can safely find everything you need, delivered now, on Jumia Food.
Together with our partners, we’ve focused in minute detail to make our processes safe and hygienic for you, for restaurant staff, and for delivery riders.
Stay safe, and we look forward to serving you.
Should you have any concerns or queries, you can reach out directly to our Jumia Food Country Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by using the live chat facility in our mobile app.
To know more about how you can keep yourself and your loved ones safe, refer to the WHO website.
CEO, Jumia Nigeria